2. Personal and Financial Information Collected by meowcos.com
2.1 We may collect the following information:
- Throughout our websites there are forms that request information from you and/or allow you to purchase products and services. These forms typically ask for contact information (such as name, mailing address and email address), membership, login and password information and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date and verification code) required to process your order and ship products to you.
- meowcos.com will collect similar information when processing orders via telephone.
- If you elect or opt in to receive information from us, we will ask for a valid email address and telephone number so we can inform you of other products or services available or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered.
- The provision of such information by you is entirely voluntary.
2.2 We may also collect data in the following ways:
meowcos.com web servers collect domain names and/or IP addresses of users to measure what pages and features are accessed by our visitors. meowcos.com uses software such as Web Trends to collect and analyze this information. This information helps us administer the site, improve content and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
3. Use of Customer Information
We collect information from Site users in several different ways, with the goal of providing an efficient, meaningful, and customized shopping experience. For example, we may use your personal information for our legitimate interests in order to:
- Record and quickly bring up information you've given previously
- Help you quickly find information, products, and services
- Create content that is relevant to you
- Notify you of our new information, products, and services
meowcos.com respects the privacy of its customers and takes steps to prevent unauthorized disclosure of customer information to third parties. Customer information includes any and all information received by meowcos.com from its customers, whether such information is received by email, online forms, telephone, facsimile, mail or otherwise.
meowcos.com stores this information to enable it to fulfill orders or to improve the level of service to its customers. meowcos.com also shares certain personal and/or financial information with its merchant account and banking vendors to process orders and payments and with common carriers to ship products to you.
We will not provide your personal information or image for direct marketing or other unrelated purposes without your consent. Unless required by law or by court order, meowcos.com will not disclose, share, license or sell any customer's personal or financial information to any other third party without your prior authorization.
4. Storage of collected information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details on the website.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
5. Choice and Opt-Out
If you no longer wish to receive the promotional communications, you may "opt-out" of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Your Rights
You have many rights over your personal information and how it is used. These include:
- Right to access your information
- Right to be informed about what we do with your information
- Right to correct your information
- Right to object to, or restrict, meowcos.com using your information
- Right to delete your personal information
- Right to stop direct marketing messages
- Right to portability of your information
Please note that if we offer any incentives or free items for the collection, sale or deletion of your personal information, you have the right to be notified of any incentives and free items, the right not be included in such offers without prior informed opt-in consent, and the right to be able to opt-out of such offers at any time. We may not offer unjust, unreasonable, coercive or usurious incentives or free items except in certain circumstances:
- With purchase of a product
- As part of a marketing campaign
- When the primary purpose is not to collect personal information from users
meowcos.com may contain links to other websites not affiliated with meowcos.com, including websites of meowcos.com' vendors and service providers. meowcos.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. By including links to other websites, we neither endorse such sites nor guarantee that the information they contain is accurate.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site to read the privacy statements of every linked website as the privacy policies of each may differ from ours. This privacy statement applies solely to websites owned or operated by meowcos.com.
meowcos.com is under no obligation to monitor the conduct of its website users, but it may investigate and respond if violations are reported. meowcos.com reserves the right to delete, remove or exclude any listing or information, in its sole discretion, that does not meet its intent and guidelines for the services offered on the website.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Policy, and meowcos.com' collection and use of customer information, shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United States and the state of Wisconsin. Any disputes arising out of this Policy shall be adjudicated in a court of competent jurisdiction in the Eastern District of the state of Wisconsin.
11. Governing Language
Any translation of this Policy is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English versions, the English version of this License Agreement shall govern.
12. Data Security
We are committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to the personal information you provide to us, and we maintain commercially reasonable procedures and technology designed for this purpose. This site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, such as:
- Safeguarding all financial transactions done through this site with SSL encryption
- Granting only employees who are providing a specific service access to your personal information
- Working only with third-party service providers who we believe adequately secure all computer hardware
However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those security measures. Although we cannot guarantee that our systems are 100% secure all of the time, we periodically update and test our technology in order to improve the protection of customer information.
We suggest that you install anti-virus software on your computer and routinely check for viruses, keyloggers, spyware and other programs that may become installed on your computer without your permission. If you believe that you have received a virus from meowcos.com, please contact us as soon as possible so that we may take remedial measures to remove the virus.
meowcos.com does not send emails to customers requesting billing, login or password information. If you receive an email purporting to be from meowcos.com that asks you to provide personal or account information, or login and passwords, do not provide such information unless you have first verified that the website or email is from meowcos.com. Such emails may be fraudulent and used in connection with scams known as phishing. meowcos.com asks that you report any suspicious emails or websites to meowcos.com.
13. Contact Us